I cannot for the life of mine think of a name for this post, but here it goes!! Been rushing around like mad of late. The work has been hectic and the bloody blazing heat (at 41 degrees!!) has made life miserable, throw in traffic and you have a completely chaotic cocktail!! Been writing so much of late that I'm still in a daze.
Wanted to write about
- a meeting with an old old friend (Wy) which was memorable and the phone call which triggered it all. Old friends are so comforting- they know what is a taboo for you and what you dont like in your dosa(onions!!) A wave of nostalgia swept across me which included sunday evenings at second hand book shops and shopping for vegetables. The everydayness of life which was exciting then and now has become mundane. The small joys in big things which was a big deal and are currently taken for granted and that heady feeling that relationships might be hidden under a mass of feelings but cannot become extinct just like that!!
- meeting Boman Irani/Minnisha Lamba. The latter was all charm and the former surprisingly grounded. Boman Irani is amazingly patient and affable, and really really sharp which made it all the more fun!
- the grief of a dearly beloved cousin mourning an irreparable loss which has shaken all of us. Life can be so cruel at times that it can take your breath away and it did. That relationships are merely a part of life and not life itself, that a cliche like life carries on come whatever can actually be true and tear you apart.
- LSD and how path breaking it really is!!
- friends who are so wonderful that you thank god that you get to choose them!!