Monday, July 20, 2009

A little bit of everything

I've been incredibly lethargic over the past few weeks and there is so much to write! Firstly had a faboosh trip to Chennai two weeks back. Had a blast with Sa and Mi, two of my fave bongs in the world! Also, at Landmark got two things I've wanted to for a long time now
- Toni Morisson, wanted to read her books for an year now. And, she writes amazing! absolutely and entirely.
- Ustad Bade Ghulam Ali Khan's rare AIR recordings. Now, you have to listen to it, to believe it. Got the monsoon ragas, so the range and clarity was better than what I've read.
Wanted to do a real post about the trip, but the time has passed for it so I shall not force myself.

Also, all this brouhaha about the monsoon and no rains is so cryptic. I mean, you bloody do everything in you power to destroy Nature and you expect her bounty? Chop trees, kill animals, encroach lakes and want a gift in return? Even stupidity has its limits breached.

Was at the fabulous Farooque Shaik's talk "Safar" this week. The man is so charming! Unhurried, classy and disarming. He speaks Hyderabadi hindi better than myself! Regaled every one present with his witty stories and really was a part of a memorable evening. It was no wonder that the show which was to last an hour, went on for three times of the intended time. One quirk was that I wanted to take his interview but the bossy Baig(who put together the show, didnt let me saying the time was less!) That I saw his Interview in a National Daily on Sunday needless to say, pissed me off majorly!

Lastly, if you havent heard the Agnee theme song for Splitsvilla-2, please do so. It is FAN-tastic.

3 comments:

me said...

for someone with a sling..you are too much!!

Viji said...

Hey, i agree with you on the monsoon....We go mindlessly brutal with nature, but expect nature to be "mother earth" and "caring"!

workhard said...

I totally agree with the monsoon part too.. Now we suffering totally!!!!!

Work from home