Wednesday, December 2, 2009

The Big C and a ray of hope.

Lisa Ray acted in a Telugu Cowboy flick along with Bipasha Basu a few years back, after seeing that pretentious flick I was she was just another Bollywood type, but she proved that she is better than most of us. I've always thought of her was a devastatingly beautiful chick err bimbo and that was that. Last week after I read about her cancer struggle in the papers and read her blog (Lisaraniray.wordpress, for once I wish that I was not tech- challenged and provide an actual link to her blog but I successfully fail to figure that feature out) I was forced to eat my words and applaud her warmly. Her immense courage in the face of such a torrid illness is an inspiration to many and a remarkable example to her tenacious spirit. Cancer is as much dreaded as TB was in the beginning of the last century. This is worse because it has a cure which is as potent as the disease itself. I lost a beloved and the most cherished member of my family to the disease and know how much it strips you off your decency, bit by bit. Lisa Ray has shown that she is not only astonishingly beautiful but equally courageous and my salute goes out to such indomitable strength. That amazing Nusrat Fateh Ali khan video, Afreen where she blends so beautifully with his voice is also ironic; Afreen which gave her first big break translates into “encouragement”. That is what she stands for today- an inspiration for many who are bogged down by far mundane troubles and cannot get out of the rut. Not only is she fighting a belligerent battle but is also doing her bit but spreading awareness about it and sharing her struggle with the world. Kudos and hopes she beats the odds.

5 comments:

Pesto Sauce said...

I do drop in at times at Lisa's blog, but must say her fight is inspiring and that chick has lot of strength. It can be devastating to get hit by cancer, that too when you are one of the most gorgeous females ever and fighting it manly is no mean task

My hats off to this brave lady and may she live long

Zeba said...

Sometimes we judge people without getting to know them properly or getting an oppurtunity to get to know them properly.

me said...

and this we do not talk about..personal offence.

Rats said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rats said...

Read the blog , dint discuss with you though - did you see the number of comments for each blog ? :)

Rest of it - no comments - you know em.